I’ve been thinking about summer 1999 for some reason lately, so I looked for a 10 years ago meme somewhere on the web that I could do, more than anything to remind myself what I was doing then. I found one, and here it is:
10 years ago…
1) How old were you?
THEN: turned 17 in August
NOW: turning 27 in August
2) Where did you work?
THEN: nowhere during the summer… in the fall I got my 1st job at Hot Topic
NOW: Elementar Americas!
3) Where did you live?
THEN: Monument, Colorado
NOW: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4) How was your hair style?
5) Did you wear contacts
NOW: yes – in one eye
6) Did you wear glasses?
NOW: when I don’t have my contact in
7) Who was your best friend?
THEN: Danny Jenson
NOW: Marianne White
8) What pets did you have?
THEN: I don’t remember having any gerbils anymore then…
NOW: No pets now either
9) Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend?
THEN: Danny Jenson
NOW: Danny Jacobs (heh!)
10) Who was your celebrity crush?
THEN: I don’t remember having a really specific crush. I had the “wall of guys” in my closet though!
NOW: I like Zachary Quinto for looks but my favorite actor is David Thewlis
11) Who was your regular-person crush?
THEN: Uh, I really did like my boyfriend Danny. I would say I had a crush on him.
NOW: Nope, don’t have a crush on anybody
12) How many piercings did you have?
NOW: both ears
13) How many tattoos did you have?
14) What was your favorite band/singer?
THEN: oh jeez. Have I ever had an absolute favorite band? I was listening to stuff like Goo Goo Dolls, Rammstein, Nirvana, and then Dave Matthews Band, the Cranberries, and I always secretly liked the Backstreet Boys. I liked a lot of different music.
NOW: I still like a lot of different music. Some of my favorites now are Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Iron and Wine, the White Stripes, Belle and Sebastian, and I love the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I also love the Ramones, the Clash, Phish, and oldies like the Monkees. Mostly I’ve stopped listening to hard metal.
15) Had you ever smoked a cigarette?
16) Had you ever gotten drunk?
17) What kind of car did you drive?
THEN: 1996 Suzuki Sidekick – my parents car
NOW: 2009 Honda Fit! If I did this just over a month ago it would have been the same Suzuki!
18) What was your weight
THEN: around 130
19) What was your favorite TV show?
THEN: The X Files!
NOW: Doctor Who!
20) Were you using the internet?
THEN: a little bit
NOW: a whole lot
21) What is the one thing you told yourself 10 years ago you would never have done, but you ended up doing?
Then: Had a desk job. I NEVER pictured myself doing anything like this.